Do you need to know how to manage UX activities in a digital product? How to meet business objectives and market demands through user centered design? UX-PM 2 is for digital product, marketing, and project managers, who need a deeper understanding of UX activities. You’ll learn how to select specific methods, plan their execution and progress through project phases to achieve a greater product/service quality.
UX-PM Level 2 – Executing UX
Training sessions strike a balance between theory, problem-solving, and case-based reasoning.
- Integrate user experience into a project to fulfill business objectives and market demands
- Optimise quality and effectiveness of a product or service experience by incorporating the principles of user-centred design
- Plan for incorporating UX methods at each stage of a digital project
- Prepare practical materials: toolkits and checklists for managing UX activities, creating an RFP to commission UX work
- Understand the User Centred Design (UCD) lifecycle and how to incorporate it into IT development
- Incorporate business objectives and vision into a UX strategy
- Connect UX strategy and design requirements to product strategy
- Service design and product design and how UCD fits with both
- Identify user needs through qualitative and quantitative user research
- Translate UX strategy and user needs into design requirement through prototyping
- Evaluate and test design solutions, locally and internationally
- A combination of theory, problem-solving exercises and case studies
The certification takes place at the end of the second day of training. The certification exam is comprised of a multiple choice component and an oral exam with the UXalliance course instructor.
Who should attend
UX-PM Level 1 certified professionals
IT decision makers including product owners, digital marketing managers, project managers, IT professionals with 2 – 4 years of experience in digital project management.
International UX training program designed specifically for digital project, product and marketing professionals.
Outcomes include boosting project success rates, building project management capacity, and developing methods for differentiating products.
Internationally recognised and certified by UXalliance, a global network of 26 leading independent UX companies.